vrijdag 20 november 2009

Using TPACK, what a challenge! (7)

Conclusion

Using TPACK certainly was a challenge. I am really glad that within the course Pedagogies for Flexible Learning Supported by Technology we did not only got the opportunity to learn about the theory of TPACK (and of course about different pedagogical approaches, different forms of flexibility in learning and about different technologies that can be used) but we also got challenged to really work with TPACK. I noticed that because we had to bring theory into practice, this framework becomes way more alive than when you only would read about it. Because of using the framework I got confronted with the decisions that have to be made when working with TPACK. If I would only have red about it, it certainly would not have made as much impression on me than it did now. Because now I experienced for myself what the difficulties for a teacher can be when integrating technology (as an instructional tool). I think as an educational designer, it is really important to know what teachers experience. Now I used the TPACK framework myself, I believe I know a bit more about how teachers can use TPACK, how it can help them but also what the problems while working with it can be. I do believe using TPACK is a good way of integrating technology. The framework gives teachers a basis of how they can approach technology and the other aspects within TPACK. Therefore I want to suggest to other educational designers as well as teachers to take their advantage of the TPACK framework. At first sight it may look simple, but beware it is more complex than it looks! But after understanding it and working with it, it will turn out to be a nice framework for integrating ICT. Just try it!

2 opmerkingen: